Become a follower!!

Hey ya'll,
If you like what you see, become a follower! Click on the white "follow" button and enter your email address. As a follower, you'll be notified when I add a new recipe. Send me a message with your address, and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes that I've never posted!
If your email provider isn't there, it may use another provider, for example, AOL uses google and AT&T uses yahoo.
I hope you enjoy the blog and let's get cookin!
Kristin


Monday, December 5, 2011

Still cooking! Mediterranean Pasta Toss... yummo!

I know that I have literally been MIA for months now!  Having a baby will do that!  Between changing diapers and late night feedings, my cooking has sadly taken a back seat to breast milk.  There is nothing appetizing about breast milk and all that goes along with it!  Landon, my 5 month old baby boy, would greatly disagree, though I'm pleased to announce that he is now trying solids, and it would seem like we have a good eater on our hands.  I am making his baby food.  So far, he's tried peas and butternut squash.  He loved them both. 
However, if you read my blog, and why would you because I haven't posted anything new in months, I know you are not reading it to hear about the adventures of an exhausted first time parent. 

I am still cooking, not quite as elaborately as before, but I'm finding quick ways to make healthy, easy meals.  Things that I can do in one pot or roast in the oven are the best!  However, I still stick to my rule of at least one pasta dish a week! 

Mediterranean Pasta Toss:
Pasta- I used whole wheat angel hair
Olive oil
sun dried tomatoes
Kalamata olives
capers
chickpeas
spinach
quartered artichoke hearts- canned is fine
feta cheese
italian seasoning
salt and paper
garlic- 4-5 cloves minced
chicken breast- diced

In a sauce pan, saute chicken, garlic, and seasoning in a little bit of olive oil until it's fully cooked.  Then add the spinach and wilt, throw in the proportions of everything else in the amount that you like!  Toss with your pasta and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Asking questions are genuinely pleasant thing if
    you are not understanding something entirely, however this article gives pleasant understanding yet.
    My site ... neucopia review

    ReplyDelete