Become a follower!!

Hey ya'll,
If you like what you see, become a follower! Click on the white "follow" button and enter your email address. As a follower, you'll be notified when I add a new recipe. Send me a message with your address, and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes that I've never posted!
If your email provider isn't there, it may use another provider, for example, AOL uses google and AT&T uses yahoo.
I hope you enjoy the blog and let's get cookin!
Kristin


Sunday, November 15, 2009

Yellow Squash Risotto

        There is a certain technique needed to make risotto.... something about slowly stirring in the liquid and then once it's absorbed, slowly stir in more... blah, blah, blah... I did not do it this way; however, my yellow squash risotto turned out to be great.


    For the rice:
  • 3 cups of chicken broth
  • 1 12 oz bag of abrorio rice
  • 2 Tbls olive oil
    For cooking the vegetables:
  • 1 lb of diced yellow squash
  • 1 shallot, diced
  • 2 cloves of garlic, diced
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 tbls of butter
  • 1 tsp of thyme
  • Salt and pepper
    1. Melt the butter in skillet, saute the vegetables together until they are soft. 


    2. When the rice is done cooking, add the vegetables and stir in 1.5 cups of freshly shredded Romano Cheese.


    Salt and pepper to taste.


Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment