Become a follower!!

Hey ya'll,
If you like what you see, become a follower! Click on the white "follow" button and enter your email address. As a follower, you'll be notified when I add a new recipe. Send me a message with your address, and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes that I've never posted!
If your email provider isn't there, it may use another provider, for example, AOL uses google and AT&T uses yahoo.
I hope you enjoy the blog and let's get cookin!
Kristin


Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Greek Pasta Salad

This is soooo good!  I made this for my sister's bridal shower and everyone was asking for the recipe, so here it is guys!  I hope you enjoy it!
  • 1/2 lb of cheese tortellini
  • 2 plum tomatoes-diced
  • 1 14 oz can of chick peas-drained
  • 6 oz of fresh asparagus diced into bite size pieces
  • 1 tbls of capers
  • 2 tbls of diced kalamata olives
  • 1/4 of a red onion finely diced
  • 1-2 gloves of minced garlic
  • about 2 tbls of olive oil
  • salt and pepper
  1. Cook the tortellini according to the instruction on the package, drain, and allow 10 minutes or so to cool before mixing the salad together.
  2. Lightly stem the asparagus in a pan, just a few minutes, you want it to stay crispy. 
  3. Remove the asparagus and place it into ice water to stop the cooking and retain the bright green color.
  4. Drain asparagus and dry it with a clean dish towel.
  5. Then just mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and put it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
  6. The olive oil, salt and pepper is the dressing.  The garlic and onions will add to that incredible flavor as the salad marinates.
  7. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment