Become a follower!!

Hey ya'll,
If you like what you see, become a follower! Click on the white "follow" button and enter your email address. As a follower, you'll be notified when I add a new recipe. Send me a message with your address, and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes that I've never posted!
If your email provider isn't there, it may use another provider, for example, AOL uses google and AT&T uses yahoo.
I hope you enjoy the blog and let's get cookin!
Kristin


Saturday, October 23, 2010

Italian Wedding Soup

As the weather is cooling down, I always want to spend my weekends cooking!  Today I made Italian Wedding Soup, but the easy way!  Italian wedding soup has meatballs, pasta, and spinach.  How great is that! 

You'll need:
drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
1 yellow onion diced
2 tbs of minced garlic
1 shallot minced
1 tsp of Italian seasoning
1 small to medium bag of frozen Italian style meatballs
1/2 lb of orzo
64 oz of beef broth (maybe a bit more if you go heavy on the meatballs or orzo, so you may want to grab three boxes at the store)
6 oz of fresh baby spinach

Directions:
In a large pot, drizzle about a tbs of extra virgin olive oil then saute the onions, garlic, shallot, and herbs over medium to high heat for about five minutes.  Add the meatballs and let them defrost slightly.  Stir frequently, you don't want them to burn.  Add the broth and bring it to a boil.  Once it's boiling, add the orzo, cover, and cook for about 8-9 minutes.  Turn off the heat and add the spinach.  Gently fold in the spinach until it's wilted.  Serve with a sprinkle or more :) of Parmesan cheese and crusty bread!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment