Become a follower!!

Hey ya'll,
If you like what you see, become a follower! Click on the white "follow" button and enter your email address. As a follower, you'll be notified when I add a new recipe. Send me a message with your address, and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes that I've never posted!
If your email provider isn't there, it may use another provider, for example, AOL uses google and AT&T uses yahoo.
I hope you enjoy the blog and let's get cookin!
Kristin


Saturday, October 10, 2009

German Potato and Sauerkraut Pie

Today I'm going to an Oktoberfest party and I am making a very authentic dish... It's almost like making a quiche, but with a German twist!
  • 8 oz of sauerkraut, drain and use a towel to squeeze it dry.
  • 2 baking pototoes peeled and shredded
  • 8 slices of bacon sliced and crumbled
  • 2 teaspoons of caraways seeds
  • salt/peepr
  • 3-4 eggs depending on size and amount of potato
  • A dash of dry mustard powder
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • 9" pie shell
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Combine eggs and cream, whisk together.
In a mixing bowl combine pototoes, kraut, bacon, caraway seeds, and salt and pepper.  Mix in the eggs and cream and pour it all into the pie shell.  Bake for about 35 minutes.   Serve with a cold beer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment