Become a follower!!

Hey ya'll,
If you like what you see, become a follower! Click on the white "follow" button and enter your email address. As a follower, you'll be notified when I add a new recipe. Send me a message with your address, and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes that I've never posted!
If your email provider isn't there, it may use another provider, for example, AOL uses google and AT&T uses yahoo.
I hope you enjoy the blog and let's get cookin!
Kristin


Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pasta Carbonara

I mentioned that I wanted to post my next great culinary masterpieces and also the disasters!  Well this is both!  I was making carbonara from memory when I made a major mistake, and my pasta all the sudden was full of scrambled eggs!  Yuck, I hate eggs!  So I had to pour out the pasta and make more...  Needless to say, once I started over, it did turn out to be great!  So here is the "great" version!

  • 1 lb of pasta (I used angel hair)
  • Extra virgin olive oil
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic
  • 2 shallots
  • 1 onion
  • a dash of red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 cup of white wine
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
  • fresh parsley
  • Salt and pepper
  • about 8 slices of bacon, chopped and cooked
1. Start to boil the water for pasta.  Add the pasta when ready.   Cook until the pasta is al dente.
2. Chop and cook bacon.
3. Chop onion, shallots, and garlic.
4. Take out cooked bacon, and place it on paper towels to drain.
5. Pour out bacon grease and drizzle olive oil into bacon pan and add onions, garlic and shallots.  Saute until browning.
6. Add the white wine and red pepper flakes and reduce the liquid by half.
7. Beat egg yolks and add about 3/4 a cup of pasta water to eggs and whisk rigorously!
8. Add drianed pasta to onion mixture pan.  Also add in the bacon, cheese, egg mixture, parsley, salt and pepper. 
9. Toss the pasta until the liquid is absorbed.
10. Enjoy

(I've added peas to this too and it was great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment