Become a follower!!

Hey ya'll,
If you like what you see, become a follower! Click on the white "follow" button and enter your email address. As a follower, you'll be notified when I add a new recipe. Send me a message with your address, and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes that I've never posted!
If your email provider isn't there, it may use another provider, for example, AOL uses google and AT&T uses yahoo.
I hope you enjoy the blog and let's get cookin!
Kristin


Saturday, October 10, 2009

Split Pea Soup

This is for you Diana, I hope you enjoy!

1- 1lb bag of grean split peas
1- med. onion diced
4-5 cloves of garlic minced
about 1 cup of shredded carrots
2-3 ribs of celery (leaves and all)-diced
1 bay leaf
Fresh parsley chopped
Salt and peepr
1.5 quarts of water
1/2 lb of diced ham

Rinse the peas, then toss all the ingredients into a pot and bring it to a boil.  Simmer until the peas are soft and it's soup.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  You can eat it either thick and chunky or you can puree it using a hand blender.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. For a first-time-split-pea-soup-eater, which do you think I would prefer... chunky or pureed? Also, if I do puree it, do I puree the entire soup (ham and all) or just the peas?? I'm looking forward to making this this week! Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess,
    I emailed you... but for your first time... go chunky! Like a chunky bean soup! but yes, I puree the ham too!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete