Become a follower!!

Hey ya'll,
If you like what you see, become a follower! Click on the white "follow" button and enter your email address. As a follower, you'll be notified when I add a new recipe. Send me a message with your address, and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes that I've never posted!
If your email provider isn't there, it may use another provider, for example, AOL uses google and AT&T uses yahoo.
I hope you enjoy the blog and let's get cookin!
Kristin


Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Thanksgiving Meatloaf


I love Thanksgiving.  I love the smells, the colors, the crisp, cool air, and of course, the flavors.  I wanted to make a meal that incorporated all the flavors of the season, but was easy enough to make all year round.

  • 1- 1.5 lb of ground turkey
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup of milk
  • 1-2 cups of seasoned stuffing (I used Stove Top Stuffing, chicken flavored)
  • 1 14.5 oz can of whole cranberries in sauce
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic diced
  • 2 stalks of celery very finally diced
  • 1 tsp of dried yellow mustard
  • Fresh thyme, rosemary, and parsley
  • Salt and pepper
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients mentioned above and 2tbl of the cranberry sauce.  Work the ingredients together and then form the loaf.  Take another couple tablespoons of the cranberry sauce on the top of the loaf and then place it into the oven at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and ten minutes or until cooked through.  Allow to stand for about 10-15 minutes before cutting it and serving. 

Serve it with the rest of the cranberry sauce and some turkey gravy.  I also served it with brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes... it was like a slice of Thanksgiving in October!! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment