Become a follower!!

Hey ya'll,
If you like what you see, become a follower! Click on the white "follow" button and enter your email address. As a follower, you'll be notified when I add a new recipe. Send me a message with your address, and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes that I've never posted!
If your email provider isn't there, it may use another provider, for example, AOL uses google and AT&T uses yahoo.
I hope you enjoy the blog and let's get cookin!
Kristin


Saturday, January 2, 2010

Easy Tostada

Using just what I had in the house and some left overs, I made an amazing tostada.  Like I wrote in my last post, last night I made chicken and black eyed peas for a New Year's Day get together, so I used both of those in this tostada.

To make 1 tostada, you will need:
  • 1 cup of pulled chicken breast, cooked
  • 1/2 of a small onion finely sliced
  • 2 tsp of lime juice
  • 1/4 tsp of paprika
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • salt and pepper
  • about 1/2 cup of beans- I used my left over black eyed peas which were already seasoned, but black beans or pintos would be great too!  (you might want to season them up with cumin, garlic, salt, pepper and paprika) 
  • 1 tortilla
  • about 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • a few drizzles of olive oil
  • 1/2 tomato, sliced
  • 1/2 avocado, sliced
  • a tbls of sour cream
You will need two medium sized frying pans.  Drizzle a bit of olive oil in both pans.  In one pan, saute onions until soft.  In the other pan, pan fry the tortilla about 5 minutes each side on medium heat.  It will start to brown and bubble up a little.  When the onions are soft, throw in the chicken, beans and spices on low heat.  Because the chicken is already cooked, we just want to heat it up, not over cook it.  Add the lime juice, salt and pepper as well.  When the tortilla is starting crisp up, sprinkle on the cheese and allow it to melt.  Remove the tortilla and place it on a plate, top it with chicken, beans, and onions.  Garnish it with tomato slices, avocado, and sour cream!  Enjoy and buen proviecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment