Become a follower!!

Hey ya'll,
If you like what you see, become a follower! Click on the white "follow" button and enter your email address. As a follower, you'll be notified when I add a new recipe. Send me a message with your address, and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes that I've never posted!
If your email provider isn't there, it may use another provider, for example, AOL uses google and AT&T uses yahoo.
I hope you enjoy the blog and let's get cookin!
Kristin


Monday, September 7, 2009

Broccoli Citron

We all know that broccoli is good for us... Some love it, some hate it, and some are simply indifferent to it.  I fall under the third category.  However, I love it cooked like this...

Saute your broccoli with garlic and onions in a little Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper.  When it is just about done cooking squeeze in fresh lemon juice.  The amount varies on how much you are making, but taste it as you cook.  Enjoy.

You'll love it!!

Fun fact about broccoli... Europeans have been eating it for 2000 years.  But it wasn't until the Italians started to immigrate to the US that it became widely known here.  That wasn't until the 1920's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment