Become a follower!!

Hey ya'll,
If you like what you see, become a follower! Click on the white "follow" button and enter your email address. As a follower, you'll be notified when I add a new recipe. Send me a message with your address, and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes that I've never posted!
If your email provider isn't there, it may use another provider, for example, AOL uses google and AT&T uses yahoo.
I hope you enjoy the blog and let's get cookin!
Kristin


Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A recipe idea sent from Provence, France

When I was 19 years old, I bravely flew across the Atlantic to spend my summer with a French family in Avignon.  Avignon is in the region of Provence, which is located in the south of France.  I was intoxicated by the relaxed lifestyle and the overwhelming fragrance of fresh lavendar, which seems to fill the air at all times.  Naive and ignorant, I began to realize that my own culture, though abudant, is somewhat lacking in flavor.  So it was there, in France, where I began to slowly expand my immature palate.  Philippe, my gracious host, has send me a recipe for Salmorejo.  This is a Spanish soup, which he tells me is from rural Seville.  I also have attached a link in which you can find the recipe.  This soup seems to be similar to gazpacho, which is a cold, tomato soup- perfect for a hot summer day!!  Bon Appetit!!!

http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/special/2004/slow/salmorejo.html

No comments:

Post a Comment