Become a follower!!

Hey ya'll,
If you like what you see, become a follower! Click on the white "follow" button and enter your email address. As a follower, you'll be notified when I add a new recipe. Send me a message with your address, and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes that I've never posted!
If your email provider isn't there, it may use another provider, for example, AOL uses google and AT&T uses yahoo.
I hope you enjoy the blog and let's get cookin!
Kristin


Sunday, September 6, 2009

Shrimp and Grits, a la Chrissy!!!

My favorite little cajun friend sent me this recipe!!!  Thanks Chrissy D.!  I haven't made it yet, but I will very soon!
Kristin



Shrimp and Grits:


2 lbs shrimp (peeled de veined)

1 sweet onion quartered

1/4 cup melted butter

2 tbsp worcestershire sauce

2 tbsp lemon juice (or juice of one lemon)

1 tbsp Old bay

1 tsp cayenne

1 clove garlic minced

1 tbsp parsley (dried)

2 bay leaves

 
Place shrimp in 13 x 9 casserole dish, scatter onion and bay leaves throughout.


In a bowl combine melted butter, worcestershire, lemon, old bay, cayenne, garlic, and parsley.


Pour mixture over shrimp and give it a little toss to coat. Place in oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

 
Grits:



5 cups milk

1 cup grits

1/2 tsp garlic powder

2 cups cheese

8-ounce cream cheese stick





Bring 5 cups milk and garlic powder to boil. (be careful, the milk will burn if not stirred!) Add grits, stir until thickened. Once thick add cheese and cream cheese. Once everything is melted the grits will be ready. This is so good I could eat just the grits for a meal!




3 comments:

  1. Sean really wants to make this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister said she made this for some friends and they all loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upon making this dish we feel the need to try it at any restaurant that offers it. This recipe by far is the best!!
    Dana [Kristin's sister]

    ReplyDelete