Become a follower!!

Hey ya'll,
If you like what you see, become a follower! Click on the white "follow" button and enter your email address. As a follower, you'll be notified when I add a new recipe. Send me a message with your address, and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes that I've never posted!
If your email provider isn't there, it may use another provider, for example, AOL uses google and AT&T uses yahoo.
I hope you enjoy the blog and let's get cookin!
Kristin


Monday, September 14, 2009

Pesto Pork Tenderloin with roasted garlic and Spinach Orzo

Ohhh so easy....
Pesto Pork Tenderloin
  • One pork tenderloin
  • 2 tbl spoons of your favorite jarred pesto... (I used Classico).
  • 1/4 a cup of Parmesan Cheese
  • Salt and pepper
  • One full bulb, yes a bulb of garlic 
Preheat oven to 475F.

 
Remove whole cloves of garlic from the bulb and split them in half.
Place on to a sheet of foil and drizzle with olive oil.  Close foil to make an air tight sack.  Place in oven on the rack next to the pork.

 
Salt and pepper the pork tenderloin on both sides.
Rub both sides of pork tenderloin with pesto.
Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese on top
Insert thermometer to the thickest part of the tenderloin, cook for about 30-40 or until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees. 
Remove from oven and let it sit for 15 under a foil tent.

 
Slice and serve with roasted garlic.

 

 
Spinach Orzo

 
I did not measure anything here; however, I have to say that I did something right... because I didn't even need to drain it!! 

 
Here it is....
Cook orzo in a couple cups of chicken broth.
Add about 1.5 cups of frozen spinach to about a half a box of orzo.
A lot of minced garlic, about 5 cloves.
Parmesan Cheese about 3/4 a cup.
Salt, Pepper and a squeeze a lemon wedge into mixture.

2 comments:

  1. This port tenderloin turned out amazing!! Very moist and just the right amount of flavor... will definitly make again! Thanks Kris ~ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you all enjoyed it!!! Kristin

    ReplyDelete