Become a follower!!

Hey ya'll,
If you like what you see, become a follower! Click on the white "follow" button and enter your email address. As a follower, you'll be notified when I add a new recipe. Send me a message with your address, and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes that I've never posted!
If your email provider isn't there, it may use another provider, for example, AOL uses google and AT&T uses yahoo.
I hope you enjoy the blog and let's get cookin!
Kristin


Sunday, September 13, 2009

Super Sweet Butternut Squash Bisque


Every year, I welcome autumn with a warm bowl of butternut squash bisque.  I have not yet made it this fall; however, my sister, Erin has requested the recipe... so here it is.  Erin, I hope you and Michael enjoy it!!!  Syd and Pickle too!

Ingredients:
  • One butternut squash- peeled, seeded, and cubed
  • 1 sweet potato- cubed
  • 2 carrots
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 1 small onion
  • 2 14 oz cans of chicken broth
  • 28 oz of water
  • 1/2 pint of cream
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 tbls of brown sugar
  • season with salt and pepper
1. In a pan, saute the onion and garlic in the butter until soft, then add them to the pot. 
2. In a large pot, add the squash, stock, water, carrots, and sweet potato.  Bring to a boil and simmer for about 30-40 minutes... until the squash, carrots and potato are soft when poke with a fork.
3. Add sugar and cinnamon 
4. In a food processor, blend the soup until smooth.
5. Return to the pot to reheat and to add cream.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
Bon appetit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment